Become a Patron!

Become a Patron!

That's right wonderful readers, I am on Patreon now! Help me make this blog  (and the connected YouTube channel)  my care...

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

To The Woman I Didn't Have The Answers For


I know exactly what you wanted when you messaged my Facebook page. You wanted the key to being better. You wanted the doorway out of being chronically depressed. You wanted a fix-this situation and an answer to how to get it. I could not give that to you. Here’s why:
1. There isn’t a quick-fix in existence. 
I told you to take the time to find the right therapist and the right medication. Here’s a fact about me: I have an awesome mental health team. A wonderful therapist and an experienced psychiatrist. My therapist helps me work on the here-and-now of my illnesses, and works with me in finding ways to be better tomorrow than I was today. My Psychiatrist – my Doctor – who prescribes my medication works hard to help me find the right balance of medication to stave off my symptoms enough to allow therapy to become effective. It took 25 different therapists – over 10 years – to find the right one for me. In order to get where I am now, I had to start at the starting line. I wrote down a list of questions – and the right answers – for my therapists. (How much experience do you have with PDD-NOS – a form of Autism? – I needed an experienced therapist who could work with all my parts. What is your approach to the LGBTQQA community? The answer – I am LGBT+ friendly) Those are just two examples, but they made finding the right therapist easier and smoother for me. Then I had to do the same for my prescriber. It took small steps to get going. By the way, hun, I don’t have the right med combo yet either.

2. If I tried to come up with one, I would only be hurting you.

I am honored that you thought I was experienced enough to help you the way I am, but truth be told – I am not. Plenty of not-depressed people will try to sell you on Yoga, Green Tea, Veganism, Fish Oil and many, many more “fixes” and when (not if) they do not fix it, you are disappointed and hurt by the failure. I am helping you most by telling you how to start the healing process. So, no, I do not have any medically based and scientifically sound and proven advice for self-healing. It doesn’t exist, and I am sorry for that. 
My only real advice for you is to take the first steps first. The only way – I have found – to get better is to commit to the work it takes to do just that. I am sorry I could not give you what you wanted from me. I hope you get the help you need.
Peace, Love, and Bulletproof Marshmallows
Mandey T

No comments:

Post a Comment